Spicy Gobi Roast is very spicy & tasty. Roasting the cauliflower adds clarity to the normally blurred flavours of gobi. It is a very healthy meal for vegetarians.
Ingredients for preparing Gobi Roast:
- Cauliflower (gobi) : 1 piece (medium size)
- Onion paste : 4 tbsp
- Ginger paste : 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Oil : 4 tbsp
- Coriander leaves paste : 2 tbsp
- Green chilli paste : 2 tbsp
- Cardamom : 2 pieces (roasted & powdered)
- Cinnamon : 1″ (roasted & powdered)
- Clove : 2 pieces (roasted & powdered)
- Roasted jeera (cumin) powder : 1 tsp
- Vinegar : 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Salt : to taste
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Green Peas : for garnish
- Onion : for garnish
- Cucumber : for garnish
- Coriander leaves: for garnish
Procedure for preparing Gobi Roast:
- Steam the whole cauliflower in 2 cups of water & 1 tsp of salt.
- Drain out the water.
- Marinate this with onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander leaves paste, green chilli paste, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, vinegar, 3 tbsp of oil, salt, sugar & red chilli powder for 5 hours.
- Now roast this marinated cauliflower in a preheated oven for 5 minutes in 200 degree temperature.
- Then turn up the cauliflower. Brush oil & bake for more 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green peas, coriander leaves, onion & cucumber & serve hot.