This Chicken Fried Rice recipe is a fusion of Indian and Chinese cooking, it’s very tasty and has a unique flavour. Fusion enthusiasts will love this.
Ingredients for Chicken Fried Rice
- Chicken boiled – 500 gm (boneless cubed)
- Basmati Rice – 1/2 kg (boiled)
- Onion – 1 piece (chopped)
- Ginger – 25 gm (chopped)
- Garlic – 4 pieces big (chopped)
- Green chillies – 2 pieces (chopped)
- Spring onion – 100 gm (chopped)
- Carrot – 200 gm (chopped)
- Capsicum – 2 pieces (medium) (chopped)
- Cabbage – 200 gm (chopped)
- Beans – 50 gm (chopped)
- Peas – 200 gm
- Egg – 2 pieces (scrambled) (shredded)
- Salt – to taste
- Refined oil – 100 ml
- Whole cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Red orange colour – ½ tsp (optional)
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Green chilly sauce – 3 tsp
- Red chilly sauce – 3 tsp
- White vinegar – 2 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 3 tsp
- Ajinomoto – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Procedure for preparing Chicken Fried Rice
In big kadaai heat oil, add cumin seeds let it splutter, now add onion sautÃ© till pinkish brown, add garlic stir well.
Add carrot, cabbage, capsicum, peas, beans, ginger, chillies, and salt. Stir well continuously till vegetables become tender.
Now add , red chilly powder, green chilly sauce, red chilly sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and ajinomoto sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
Now add eggs, chicken, spring onion and tomato sauce, again stir for 5 minutes.
Add red colour and rice mix it well till each rice get coloured.
Garnish with spring onions.
Serve hot with chilly chicken, chicken Manchurian or eat plain.