Healthy Chinese Sanghai Baby-corn recipe is very easy to make & is made with baby-corn, capsicum & chilli oil.
Ingredients for preparing Sanghai Baby-corn:
- Baby corn : 100 gm
- Dry chilli : 1 piece
- Garlic : 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Ginger paste : 1 tbsp
- Onion : 1 piece (chopped)
- Red Chilli powder : 1 ½ tsp
- Tomato ketchup : 2 tbsp
- Capsicum : 1 piece (chopped) (red, green or yellow cloured)
- Salt : to taste
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Vinegar : 1 tbsp
- Cornflour : 4 tbsp
- Oil : 5 tbsp
- Ajinomoto : 1 pinch (optional)
- Pepper : 2 tsp
For chilli oil:
- Oil : 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli : 4 pieces
Procedure for preparing Sanghai Baby-corn:
- For preparing chilli oil, heat oil in a pan.
- Add Dry red chillies. Cover & cook for a minute in low flame. Keep aside.
- Now for the main preparation, cut the baby corn in 1â€ length. Boil in 1 cup of water & a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Strain out the water & mix ½ tsp of red chilli powder.
- Make a batter with 3 tbsp of cornflour, a pinch of salt, pepper & ½ cup of water.
- Heat 5 tbsp of oil in a wok.
- Dip the baby corns into the batter & deep fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- Add dry chilli in the rest of the oil. Stir.
- Add garlic, onion & ginger. Stir in low flame.
- Add red chilli powder, tomato ketchup, sugar, vinegar, salt, ajinomoto, capsicum & mix well.
- Pour 1 cup of water & cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1 tbsp of cornflour mixed with ½ cup of water into the wok.
- Pour chilli oil & remove from heat.
- Serve hot with fried rice or noodles.