Bhindi Sabzi or better known as Lady’s Finger is also called Okra. It is a very nutritious and it forms part of everyday Indian meal.
Ingredients for preparing Bhindi ki Sabzi / Lady’s Finger
- Bhindi / Lady’s Finger – 500 gm
- Onion – 1 piece (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 pieces (chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Procedure for preparing Bhindi ki Sabzi / Lady’s Finger
Wash and dry the bhindi and then either chop or slice or slit it. Keep aside.
Heat oil in a wok. Add onion and saute it till it become light brown. Add cumin seed and let it splutter. Add washed bhindi. Mix them together and fry it for few minutes.
Now add tomatoes, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix it for 8 to 10 minutes.
Garnish it with coriander leaves. You can also add lemon juice to it.
Serve hot with rice, chapattis or daal (lentil dish).
Note: Do not add water or cover with a lid, as bhindi may turn soggy.