Green Rezala Gosht is traditional mughal mutton dish and is one of the favorite dishes of my family and soon it will become a part of your list of favorite dish too.
Ingredients for preparing Green Rezala Gosht
- Mutton – 400 gm
- Onion – 5 pieces (paste)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Capsicum – 1 piece (medium) (paste)
- Green chillies – 3 pieces (paste)
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Clove – 2 pieces
- Whole pepper – 6-7 pieces
- Kashmiri lal mirch – 2 pieces
- Curd – half cup (whisked)
- Potatoes – 4 pieces (diced)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Water – as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Procedure for preparing Green Rezala Gosht
In pressure cooker put oil, onion, mutton, cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, capsicum paste, green chilly paste, cinnamon, clove, pepper, kashmiri lal mirch, salt and water as required. Pressure cook everything up to 3 whistles and then continue cooking on a low flame till mutton tenders.
Now add whisked curd and heat it for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and water (if required) and pressure cook till potatoes tender. Remove from heat and check whether gravy is thick, if not then heat in high flame till gravy becomes thick.
In a serving bowl garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapattis or steamed rice.