Spicy bhapa pitha has its origin in Bengal & made in Bengali traditional occasion named Poush Parban. It is manually shaped & combined with rice flower, cauliflower & potato.
Ingredients for preparing Spicy Bhapa Pitha:
- Rice flour : 500 gm
- Jaggery (khejur gur) : 100 gm
- Salt : 1 pinch
- Cauliflower : 1 piece (chopped)
- Potato : 2 pieces (boiled & chopped)
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli : 3 pieces
- Oil : 2 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Sweet Bhapa Pitha:
- Make a soft dough with rice flour, salt & hot water. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan & roast cumin seeds, dry red chilli. Make powder from it. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan & add cauliflower, potato, salt.
- Stir well & cook for 15 minutes in a low flame.
- Mix the before made powder & remove from heat. Keep aside.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Make a bowl with a dough ball & fill with the cauliflower mixture.
- Fold carefully.
- Boil water in a handi & put the pithas into a bowl which is of exactly the size of the handi cover.
- Tie the bowl with a white cotton cloth & cover the handi with the bowl, upside down.
- Steam for 25 minutes.
- Serve with jaggery.