Aloo Chaat is an instant chatpata & nutritious chaat recipe which is sure to tingle your taste buds. It is a very good tiffin for school going kids.
Ingredients for Aloo Chaat:
- Potatoes (Aloo) – 2 pieces (boiled & diced)
- Green Peas – 1 cup (shelled & boiled)
- Ginger – 1â€ (finely chopped)
- Lemon – 1 piece
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Bhujia – 4 tbsp
Ingredients for Chaat Masala:
- Roasted coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dried mango powder (aamchur) – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Roasted cumin seed – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Rock salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper – ½ tbsp
Procedure for preparing Aloo chaat:
- Make Powder of coriander seeds & cumin seeds.
- Mix powdered coriander & cumin seed, dried mango powder, red chilli powder, salt, rock salt, pepper together.
- Chaat masala is ready. Keep it in an air tight container.
- Now to make Aloo Chaat, heat oil in a pan.
- Shallow fry the potatoes with ½ tsp of salt & keep aside.
- In the rest of the oil add ginger, green peas & green chillies. Fry for a minute. Keep aside.
- Now mix fried potatoes, ginger-green peas mixture, lemon juice, 1 tbsp of the chaat masala in a bowl.
- Garnish with bhujia & serve.