Lachha paratha has come from Mughal Gharana. It is made from flour & ghee. It is famous for its crispy look.
Ingredients for preparing Lachha Paratha:
- Flour – 500 gm
- Ghee – 200 gm
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- White till – 50 gm (optional)
Procedure for preparing Lachha Paratha:
- Make a soft dough with flour, oil, sugar & water.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal size balls.
- Sprinkle white till.
- Roll each ball with a rolling pin to a thin circle.
- Grease it with oil.
- Cut the circle in 1″ strip.
- Spread oil over it.
- Press lightly the strips towards the centre to show the layers clearly.
- Again roll it.
- Shallow fry the lachha paratha on a preheated tawa.
- Spread ghee & fry over low heat until golden brown.
- Serve hot.