Sweet flaked rice pitha is very easy to make & was originated in east India. It is a combination of flaked rice, coconut & jaggery.
Ingredients for preparing Sweet flaked rice Pitha:
- Flaked rice : 200 gm
- Semolina : 50 gm
- Jaggeri : 500 gm
- Coconut : 1 piece (grated)
- Ghee : as required
Procedure for preparing Sweet flaked rice pitha:
- Boil 3 cups of water.
- Add flaked rice & remove from heat immediately.
- Drain the water & smash well.
- Mix semolina with this.
- Heat a pan & add coconut, 200 gm of jaggeri & stir continuously in low flame until it dries.
- Divide the smashed flaked rice into small balls & make pouch out of each ball.
- Pour coconut mixture into pouch & give oval shape.
- Heat ghee & deep fry.
- Dip fried pitha into rest of the jaggeri & serve hot.