Prawn Telangana is a recipy of the Telangana region, which was under Muslim rule for the past six centuries and thus the cooking styles follow the Hyderabadi. It is very spicy & mouth-watering dish.
Ingredients for preparing Prawn Telangana:
- Prawn : 1 kg (medium size)
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Garlic paste : 2 tbsp
- Fresh curry leaves : 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Tomato : 1 piece (chopped)
- Roasted cumin seed powder : 1 tsp
- Roasted coriander seed powder : 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
- Coconut : 1 piece (grated)
- Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp
- Tamarind : 50 gm
- Salt : to taste
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice : 1 tsp
Procedure for preparing Prawn Telangana:
- Shelled without head & tail & wash.
- Marinate with salt & lemon juice. Keep away.
- Soak grated coconut in 1 cup of hot water. Squeeze for the milk.
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of warm water. Strain & keep the juice aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add whole mustard seeds. When it stops spluttering, add curry leaves.
- Add garlic paste. Stir well in low flame.
- Add cumin seed powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder & salt. Stir well.
- Add tomato, prawn.
- Cover & cook for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk & tamarind juice & mix well.
- Remove from the heat & serve.