Nutritious, crispy, crunchy, instant chatpata low calorie snack Sprout Chaat is favourite to almost all.
Ingredients for preparing Sprout Chaat:
- Sprouts : 1 cup
- Puffed rice : 2 cups
- Chick peas : ½ cup
- Potato : 2 pieces (boiled & diced)
- Onion : 1 piece (finely chopped)
- Cucumber : 1 piece (finely chopped)
- Green chilli : 2 pieces (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves : 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Chaat masala : 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder : ½ tsp
- Cumin seed powder : ½ tsp
- Mint leaves : 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Salt : to taste
- Pepper : to taste
Procedure for preparing Sprout Chaat:
- Steam the sprouts with ¼ th cup of water & a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Soak Chick peas overnight. Drain out the water & boil with 3 cups of water & a pinch of salt till it tenders.
- Mix sprouts, puffed rice, chick peas, potato, onion, cucumber, green chilli, coriander leaves, chaat masala, red chilli powder, cumin seed powder, mint leaves, salt, pepper.
- Serve immediately with tomato or mint chutney.