Lau Chingri (Bottle-Gourd Prawn Curry) is very well known & yummy recipe for non-vegetarian. It is delicious & healthy too. The aroma & taste of wild celery spice (radhuni) & prawn makes it an amazing dish. It is specially eaten in Summer time.
Ingredients for preparing Lau Chingri:
- Bottle gourd (lau): 500 gm (diced)
- Prawn (chingri) : 300 gm (small pieces)
- Peas: 1 cup
- Potato: 1 piece (boiled & diced)
- Salt : to taste
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Whole Wild celery Spice: 1 tsp
- Wild celery spice paste: 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf/ tej patta: 1 piece
- Dry red chilli : 1 piece
- Oil : 6 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Lau Chingri:
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Shell & de-vein the prawn & deep fry in oil till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in the rest of the oil in the pan.
- Add wild celery spice, bay leaf, dry red chilli & stir well for 1 minute.
- When the aroma releases add boiled potato & stir for 3 minutes.
- Add green peas, salt, sugar & stir for a minute.
- Add bottle gourd. Mix well.
- Add ½ cup of water.
- Cover it & cook till the bottle guard becomes tender.
- Uncover 7 add wild celery spice paste & fried prawn. Mix well.
- Boil till gravy thickens.
- Remove from heat & serve with steamed rice.