Bottle-Gourd Peas Curry is a fantastic recipe for vegetarian. It is very yummy & healthy too. The aroma & taste of wild celery spice (radhuni) makes it an amazing dish. It is specially eaten in Summer time.
Ingredients for preparing Bottle-Gourd Peas Curry:
- Bottle gourd – 500 gm (diced)
- Peas: 1 cup
- Potato: 1 piece (boiled & diced)
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Whole Wild celery Spice – 1 tsp
- Wild celery spice paste – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf: 1 piece
- Dry red chilli – 1 piece
- Oil – 2 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Bottle-Gourd Peas Curry:
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add wild celery spice, bay leaf, dry red chilli & stir well for 1 minute.
- When the aroma releases add boiled potato & stir for 3 minutes.
- Add green peas, salt, sugar & stir for a minute.
- Add bottle gourd. Mix well.
- Cover it & cook till the bottle gourd becomes tender.
- Uncover 7 add wild celery spice paste. Mix well.
- Remove from heat & serve with steamed rice.