Green Papaya Chutney is a popular Bengali traditional Chutney recipe. Especially in Bengal, Chutney occupies a prime place on the dining table.
Ingredients for preparing Green Papaya Chutney:
- Papaya : 1 piece (finely sliced)
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Salt : to taste
- Aam ada (one kind of ginger) : 1â€ (grated)
- Lime juice : 2 tsp
- Raisin : 50 gm
Procedure for preparing Green Papaya Chutney:
- Boil the sliced papaya in 1 cup of water & 1 pinch of salt till it becomes tender.
- Drain out the water & keep aside.
- Boil 1 cup of water with sugar to make sugar syrup.
- Add papaya, aam ada, raisin &boil till the syrup becomes thick.
- Remove from heat & let it be cool.
- At last add lime juice & serve.