Palak, stuffed with the goodness of several nutrients, when combined with chicken makes it quite a different combination altogether.
Ingredients for preparing Palak Chicken:
- Chicken : 500 gm (boiled)
- Spinach (palak) : 500 gm
- Onion paste : 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste : 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Salt : to taste
- Pepper : 1 tsp
- Oil : as required
- Egg : 1 piece
- Sugar : ½ tsp
- Tomato purÃ©e : 2 tbsp
- Jeera powder : 1 tsp (Roasted)
Procedure for preparing Palak Chicken:
- Boil chicken pieces in 1 cup of water with 1 tsp of salt.
- Steam spinach in ½ cup of water. Make a paste of it. Keep aside.
- Beat egg. Add a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Dip the chicken into egg mixture & deep fry.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add onion paste, garlic paste. Stir well till golden brown.
- Add sugar, salt, red chilli powder, tomato purÃ©e. Stir till oil releases.
- Add spinach paste. Allow it to boil.
- Then add fried chicken.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Spread roasted jeera powder. Mix well.
- Remove from heat & serve hot.