Sweet bhapa pitha are primarily made from dough of rice flour filled with coconut & jaggery. It has its origin in Bengal & made in Bengali traditional occasion named Poush Parban.
Ingredients for preparing Sweet Bhapa Pitha:
- Rice flour : 500 gm
- Coconut : 1 piece (grated)
- Jaggery (khejur gur) : 200 gm
- Salt : 1 pinch
Procedure for preparing Sweet Bhapa Pitha:
- Make a soft dough with rice flour, salt & hot water. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan & add coconut, jaggery.
- Stir well continuously until it becomes sticky. Keep aside.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Make a bowl with a dough ball & fill with the coconut mixture.
- Fold carefully.
- Boil water in a handi & put the pithas into a bowl which is of exactly the size of the handi cover.
- Tie the bowl with a white cotton cloth & cover the handi with the bowl, upside down.
- Steam for 25 minutes.
- Serve with jaggery.