Chinese Vegetable, a mixture of 5 vegetables is a quite popular recipe owing to the abundance of its ingredients & exquisite creamy look. This recipe is not at all complicated. The ingredients are simply tossed in sauce.
Ingredients for preparing Chinese Vegetable:
- Mushroom : 100 gm
- Capsicum : 1 piece (diced)
- Carrot : 2 pieces (diced)
- Beans : 50 gm (chopped)
- Chinese cabbage : ½ cup (shredded)
- Garlic : 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Onion : 1 piece (chopped)
- Soya sauce : 1 tbsp
- Vinegar : 1 tbsp
- Ajinomoto : a pinch (optional)
- Spring onion : 50 gm (chopped)
- Cornflour : 1 tbsp (mixed in ½ cup of water)
- Sugar : ½ tsp
- Salt : to taste
- Oil : 4 tbsp
- Babycorn : 100 gm (chopped)
- Ginger : 1 tbsp (shredded)
- Dry red chili : 1 piece
Procedure for preparing Chinese Vegetable:
- Boil baby-corn, carrot, beans, mushroom in 2 cups of water & a pinch of salt.
- Drain out the water & keep aside the vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add dry red chilli, garlic, onion & sautÃ© for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Add boiled vegetables & cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Chinese cabbage, capsicum, soya sauce, vinegar, ajinamoto, sugar, salt, ginger one by one & Stir well for a minute.
- Add 1 cup of water. Let it boil for a minute.
- Add spring onion, cornflour. Stir till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with mixed fried rice or noodles.