Honey Cake tastes heavenly. It is traditionally eaten on the Jewish New Year as eating honey is supposed to encourage a sweet New Year.
Ingredients for preparing Honey Cake:
- Honey : 450 gm
- Brown Sugar : 175 gm
- Eggs : 4 pieces
- Flour : 350 gm
- Baking powder : 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon : 1 tsp
- Blanched almonds : 50 gm (chopped)
- Butter : 1 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Honey Cake:
- Double boil honey & brown sugar till melted & well blended. Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs one by one in a bowl & mix honey-sugar mixture.
- Sift flour & baking powder in a separate big bowl.
- Add the egg mixture. Blend well.
- Add chopped almonds & ground cinnamon. Mix well. Batter is ready.
- Grease a baking tray with butter.
- Pour the batter mixture into the baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree centigrade for 1 hour.
- Gently plant a knife in the cake & taking it out if you find no bits of cake stuck to the knife then youâ€™ll know that the cake is perfectly baked.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Note: Double boil:
- Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Place a bowl on the saucepan which is comparatively larger than the saucepan.
- Put honey & brown sugar for melting.