Thai Fried Rice is delicious & simple to prepare. This dish is a complete meal by itself. It is called Khao (i.e, rice)-pad(i.e, related to stir or fried) in Thailand.
Ingredients for preparing Thai Fried Rice:
- Steamed rice : 750 gm
- Refined oil : 100 gm
- Onion : 3 pieces (chopped)
- Garlic paste : 2 tbsp
- Pepper : 1 tsp
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Soya sauce : 2 tsp
- Red curry paste : 2 tbsp
- Thai chilli pepper : 2 pieces
- Prawn : 250 gm (boiled)
- Lamb : 250 gm (boiled & chopped)
- Egg : 3 pieces (scrambled)
- Fish Sauce : 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice : 1 tbsp
- Capsicum : 1 piece (chopped)
- Beans : 50 gm (chopped)
- Coriander leaves : 1 bunch (chopped)
- Shallot : 1 bunch (chopped, optional)
- Salt : to taste
Procedure for preparing Thai Fried Rice:
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion & garlic. Stir fry till light brown.
- Add red curry paste, prawn & lamb. Stir for 5 minutes in simmer.
- Add fish sauce, soya sauce, thai chilli pepper, salt, pepper, capsicum, beans & shallot. Cook for more 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat & arrange on a plate. Spread lime juice, coriander leaves & scrambled eggs.
- It is served with sliced cucumber & wedges of lime.