Posto Bada (poppy seed balls) is one of the many types of bora in Bengali cuisine. It can be served both as a snack or with a full meal. It can be prepared very easily with readily ingredients such as poppy seeds, coconut & rice flour making it healthy & delicious.
Ingredients for preparing Posto Bada:
- Posto (poppy seeds) : 200 gm
- Coconut : ½ cup (grated)
- Rice flour : 2 tbsp
- Salt : to taste
- Green chilli paste : 1 tbsp
- Oil : for frying
Procedure for preparing Posto Bada:
- Grind the poppy seeds/posto into a coarse paste by adding very little water.
- Mix posto paste, grated coconut, rice flour, salt, green chilli paste in a bowl.
- Take 1 tbsp of the Posto mixture & press by palms & keep aside. Like this give all the mixture pakora shape.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the pakoras till golden brown.
- Take out from the oil & serve with steamed rice.