Prawn Balchao is a spicy dish of West India. It is cooked without water & just a combination of prawn & spices.
Ingredients for preparing Prawn Balchao:
- Prawn : 250 (shelled & deveined)
- Onion paste : 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste : 1 tsp
- Garlic paste : 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Curry leaves : 6 pieces
- Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
- Salt : as required
- Tomato puree : 1 cup
- Oil : 4 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Prawn Balchao:
- Wash the prawn & drain out the water.
- Marinate with turmeric powder, salt & leave it for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan & add onion & stir till it becomes golden brown.
- Add marinated prawn & cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
- Heat oil in another pan & add curry leaves & fry.
- Then add ginger, garlic, red chilli powder, tomato puree & sugar.
- Cook for 2 minutes & add pre cooked prawn into this.
- Mix well & remove from heat.
- Serve with plain rice.