Spicy radish is a wonderful vegetarian dish. It can be served with the plain steamed rice. It is very healthy as radish is a good source of vitamin C.
Ingredients for preparing Spicy Radish:
- Radish : 1 kg (grated)
- Onion : 1 piece (chopped)
- Garlic paste : 1 tsp
- Ginger paste : 1 tsp
- Tomato : 2 pieces (chopped)
- Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder : ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder : 1 tsp
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Salt : to taste
- Oil : 4 tbsp
- Whole cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Bay leaf : 1 piece
- Green peas : 1 cup
Procedure for preparing Spicy Radish:
- Boil radish in ½ cup of water & ½ tsp of salt. Drain out the water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add whole cumin seeds, bay leaf & stir till colour changes.
- Add chopped onion, garlic paste & fry till golden brown.
- Add sugar, tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, ginger paste, green peas & stir for 3 minutes in medium heat till oil releases.
- Add boiled radish & cook till dries.
- Spread garam masala powder & remove from heat.
- Spicy Radish is ready to serve.