Crepes are French pancakes. They taste as good as they look. They can be made into a dessert or served as a snack. They can be made healthy too by adding nuts like pecans and fresh fruits for a yummy breakfast.They are easy to make and they disappear from the table just as quickly as they can be made.
Serves – 2 persons
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Ingredients for Apple Chocolate Crepes
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2 nos.
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Warm Water - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter - 2 tsp + for making crepes
- Apples - 1 cup (sliced)
- Honey - 2 tsp (optional)
- Unsweetened chocolate buttons - 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
Procedure for preparing Apple Chocolate Crepes
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add eggs and beat the eggs in until well mixed.
- Add milk and mix well. Then add water and mix again.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, heat 2 tsp butter and sautÃ© the apples in the butter.
- In a small bowl, add all the chocolate buttons and heat it in a microwave for 1 minute at an interval of 10 seconds each. In each interval, stir the chocolate buttons. At the end you should have the buttons well melted. If need be, heat for a few more seconds but be careful to not burn it.
- Heat a tava/sac on medium for making crepes. Add a little butter and pour 1/4 cup batter and spread it across the entire tava. In a few seconds, flip the crepe and let it cook.
- Flip it over again and brush it with honey.
- Fold it and place it on a plate.
- To serve, sprinkle the sautÃ©ed apples and melted chocolate. You can also add fresh fruits like kiwi, pineapple and strawberries. Kids will love it with whipped cream on the side.