Cauliflower Manchurian is a Chinese recipe which is also very popular in India. It is a favourite dish for almost everyone in India. It is medium hot in taste. It is very popular among all age groups.
Ingredients for preparing Cauliflower Manchurian:
- Cauliflower : 1 piece (separate the florets)
- Egg : 2 pieces
- Cornflour : 1 ½ tsp
- Salt : to taste
- Pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Garlic : 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Ginger: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Spring onion : 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Soya sauce: 1 tsp
- Sezuwan Sauce : 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce: 1 tsp
- Ajinamoto : a pinch
- Oil : as required
- Green chilli : 6 pieces (chopped)
- Sugar : ½ tsp
Procedure for preparing Cauliflower Manchurian:
- Blanch the cauliflower florets in 3 cups of water, ½ tsp of salt. Drain out the water. Keep aside.
- Make a batter with beaten egg, cornflower, salt, pepper & 1 tbsp of water.
- Heat 1 cup of oil in a wok.
- Dip the blanched cauliflower into the egg batter & deep fry in the oil.
- Keep aside the fried cauliflower florets.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a separate pan.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger & sauté for a minute.
- Add soya sauce, sezuwan sauce, tomato sauce, ajinamoto, salt, sugar, green chillies & stir well.
- Add fried cauliflower florets & toss well.
- Add ½ tsp of cornflour diluted in ½ cup of water. Mix well.
- Remove from heat & serve hot with fried rice or noodles.