Iranians make Kababs in a variety of different styles and tastes. Chicken Irani kabab is one of them. It tastes delicious & yummy.
This recipe uses very little oil for shallow frying, but the traditional dish is barbecued and considered to be very healthy.
Ingredients for preparing Chicken Irani Kabab:
- Boneless chicken : 500 gm (cut in cubes)
- Onion : 2 pieces (cut in cubes)
- Capsicum : 2 pieces (cut in cubes)
- Tomato : 3 pieces (cut in cubes)
- Roasted fenugreek powder : 1 tsp
- Pepper powder : 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Salt : to taste
- Vinegar : 1 tbsp
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice : 1 tsp
Procedure for preparing Chicken Irani Kabab:
- Marinate the chicken, onion, capsicum & tomato with roasted fenugreek powder, pepper powder, red chilli powder, salt & vinegar for 6 hours.
- Skew chicken, onion, capsicum & tomato one by one in the skewer.
- Heat oil in a non-stick tawa.
- Shallow fry the skewed chicken & vegetables till golden brown.
- Remove from tawa. Spread lemon juice.
- Serve hot.