Paneer Rezala is very tasty curry made from mainly paneer, onion, garlic, poppy seed & cashew nut.
Ingredients for preparing Paneer Rezala:
- Paneer – 250 gm (cut into square pieces)
- Onion – 1 piece (boiled & paste)
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Poppy seed paste – 2 tbsp
- Cashew nut paste – 1 tbsp
- Whole dry red chilli – 1 piece
- Whole pepper – 8 pieces (crushed)
- Green cardamom – 2 pieces
- Cinnamon – 1â€
- Clove – 2 pieces
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Saffron – ½ tsp (soaked in ½ cup milk) (optional)
- Raisin paste – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
Procedure for preparing Paneer Rezala:
- Marinate the paneer pieces with onion, garlic paste, ginger paste, poppy seed paste, cashew nut paste, pepper, salt, sugar, raisin paste for an hour.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add dry red chilli, bay leaf, whole cardamom, cinnamon, clove. Stir in low flame for a minute.
- Add marinated paneer with masala. Stir gently for 3 minutes.
- Add milk & saffron (optional) . Allow it to boil.
- Remove from heat & serve with paratha.