Chilli Chicken is a popular Chinese dish that is highly popular in many parts of India. Chilli chicken recipes there are various chilli chicken recipes like Quick Chilli Chicken Recipe or Lemon Chilli Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for preparing Chilli Chicken
- Chicken – 500 gm (medium size pieces)
- Capsicum – 2 pieces (chopped)
- Onion – 2 pieces (chopped)
- Spring onion – 1 bunch (chopped)
- Green chilly – 5 pieces (chopped)
- Soya sauces – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Green chilly sauce – 1 tbsp
- Red chilly sauce – 1 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch (chopped)
- Garlic flake – 2 pieces (chopped)
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp
- Red orange colour – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Ajinomoto – As per taste (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – as required
- Water – as required
Procedure for preparing Chilli Chicken
This is a 2 step recipe. First step is to prepare chicken with Chicken Lollipop Recipe.
Once you are ready with the friend chicken you can continue the process below.
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a separate pan and add chopped ginger, garlic, onion, cumin seeds, green chilli, capsicum, spring onion (only top portion) & stir for 5 minutes.
Add salt, soya sauce, vinegar, red chilly sauce, green chilly sauce, tomato sauce, red chilly powder, red orange color, ajinomoto & sautÃ© for 2 minutes.
Add fried chicken pieces, 1 cup of water & let it boil for 3 minutes. Add spring onion. Mix well.
Add 1 tbsp of cornflour diluted in half cup of water. Stir well till the gravy thickens.
Remove from heat and garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve hot with nan.