Potato basket is a favourite to most of the children. It is nutritious when served with a boiled egg.
Ingredients for preparing Potato Basket:
- Potato : 4 pieces (grated)
- Cornflour : 4 tbsp
- Salt : to taste
- Oil : for deep fry.
- Paneer : 1 cup (grated)
- Onion : 1 piece (chopped)
- Coriander leaves : 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Chaat masala : 1 tsp
- Green chillies : 2 tsp (chopped)
- Sugar : ½ tsp
Procedure for preparing Potato Basket:
- Add salt with potato & keep for 10 minutes.
- Add cornflour & mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Take 2 metal strainers.
- Dip the strainers into the oil & spread the potato mixture in the strainer.
- Press with another strainer & deep fry.
- Remove from oil & loose the strainers to remove the potato basket.
- Cool the basket to make them crisp.
- Now again heat oil in a pan & add onion, green chilli & stir.
- Add salt, sugar, coriander leaves, paneer & mix well.
- Add chaat masala & remove from heat.
- Fill the potato basket with this paneer mixture, spread some coriander leaves & serve.