Vegetable Sandwich with a glass of juice completes the morning breakfast & provides one with the spirit to work for the whole day. Stuffed vegetables make it nutritious & equally tasty.
Ingredients for preparing Vegetable Sandwich:
- Bread slice – 6 pieces
- Carrot – 2 pieces (diced)
- Beans – 100 gm (chopped)
- Potato – 1 piece (diced)
- Green Chilli – 2 pieces (chopped)
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Black cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp
- Cucumber – for garnishing
- Onions – for garnishing
- Tomato – for garnishing
- Capsicum – for garnishing
Procedure for preparing Vegetable Sandwich:
- Boil carrot, beans, potato & green peas in ½ cup of water & a pinch of salt. Drain out the water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a pan.
- Add black cumin seed.
- Add boiled carrot, beans, potato & green peas.
- Add green chilli, salt & sugar. Smash well & stir continuously.
- Spread cornflour diluted in ½ cup of water.
- Stir well & remove from heat.
- Take two slices of bread. Apply butter. Make sandwich with the vegetable filling. Toast in a tawa.
- Repeat this procedure for all the bread slices.
- Cut the sandwiches into halves.
- Garnish with cucumber, onion, tomato & capsicum. Serve hot.