Chilli Crab is an authentic Indian healthy recipe. It is best served for lunch with steamed rice.
Ingredients for preparing Chilli Crab:
- Crab : 1 kg
- Green Chilli : 9 pieces (chopped)
- Garlic : 2 pieces (chopped)
- Coriander leaves : 1 bunch (chopped)
- Oil : 4 tbsp
- Salt : to taste
- Worcestershire sauce : 2 tbsp
- Fish Sauce : 2 tbsp
- Spring Onion : 1 bunch (chopped)
- Onion : 1 piece (chopped)
- Red Chilli paste : 2 tbsp
- Lemon Grass : 1 stalk (only white part finely chopped)
- Chilli Sauce : 2 tbsp
- Lime Juice : 1 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Chilli Crab:
- Segment the crab & remove spongy, finger like gills. Cut the body into halves.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the crab & stir fry for few minutes till meat turns white.
- Add chilli, garlic, lemon grass, onion & stir fry for 2 minutes in simmer.
- Add chilli sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, fish sauce, red curry paste & stir fry for more 3 minutes till it boils & thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat. Add coriander leaves & spring onion. Toss until combined.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.