Mohan Bhog (suji ka halwa) is a very popular & delicious Indian dessert. This sweet dish is especially made on religious occasions like Deepawali, as prasad.
Ingredients for preparing Mohan Bhog:
- Semolina/Suji : 1 cup
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Pure Ghee : 1 cup
- Bay Leaves : 2 pieces
- Cashew nut: 100 gm
- Raisins/Kismish : 100 gm (soak in 1 cup of water)
- Salt : 1 pinch
- Sugar : 2 cups
Procedure for preparing Mohan Bhog:
- Heat ¾ th cup of ghee in a wok.
- Add bay leaves & allow it to change its colour.
- Add semolina, salt. Stir continuously till golden brown.
- Add 2 cups of water. Stir. When water dries add sugar, cashew nut & raisin. Stir continuously.
- Pour the remaining ghee & remove from heat.
- Serve hot.