Roomali Roti does not consist of spoonful of oil nor does its procedure involves any complex steps. The light thin roti are really a pleasure to eat.
Ingredients for preparing Roomali Roti:
- Gram Flour – 1 ½ cup
- Flour – 1 ½ cup
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
Procedure for preparing Roomali Roti:
- Make a soft dough with gram flour, salt, flour, baking powder, oil & water.
- Cover the dough with a white cotton cloth & keep for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Roll out the balls with flour in thin big circles.
- Heat an upturned tawa.
- Place a roti on tawa. Allow it to roast. Turn up & again roast.
- Remove from heat.
- In this same way make all the rotis.
- Serve hot.