Prawn Pakora is a wonderfully tasty appetiser or side dish eaten across India. Try this simple recipe at your home & enjoy the delicious, crispy taste of prawn.
Ingredients for preparing Prawn Pakora:
- Prawn : 500 gm (shelled)
- Chana dal : 100 gm
- Onion : 2 pieces (chopped)
- Garlic : 1 tsp (chopped)
- Egg : 2 pieces (beaten)
- Cornflour : ½ cup
- Salt : to taste
- Pepper Powder : 1 tsp
- Green chilli : 2 pieces (chopped)
- Oil : for frying
Procedure for preparing Prawn Pakora:
- Boil chana dal in ½ cup of water by pressure cooker till tenders. Drain out the water. Pake a paste of it & keep aside.
- Boil prawn in ½ cup of water & ½ tsp of salt till tenders. Drain out the water. Keep aside.
- Mix onion, garlic, green chilli, chana dal & salt together & keep for an hour.
- Make a batter with egg, cornflour, pepper powder & a little bit of water.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip the prawn into the batter & deep fry in oil.
- Serve hot with sauce.