Onion Pakora is a one of the popular variant of pakora. It is easy to make and absolutely tasty snack. It is prepared by adding sliced onions to a gram flour batter with Indian spices. It is best served hot with a hot cup of tea, green chutney or tomato sauce.
Ingredients for Onion Pakora Recipe
- Onions – 4 (medium) sliced lengthwise
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup(chopped)
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida/ hing – a pinch
- Garlic- ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp(chopped)
- Gram flour/ besan – 2 cups
- Water – as required
Procedure for preparing Onion Pakora Recipe
Take the gram flour in a bowl and add Garlic- ginger paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, asafoetida and salt and mix well. Now add the required water and make a batter of medium consistency , add the sliced onions and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Now drop a spoonful of this batter in hot oil and then deep fry till they turn golden brown. Serve it hot with Green chutney or tomato sauce.