Kheema or minced meat is very popular throughout India, this unique recipe combines the softness of potatoes with the chewy & juicy kheema to create an irresistible side dish.
Ingredients for preparing Kheema Aloo
- Kheema (minced meat) – 500 gm
- Potato – 3 pieces (diced)
- Onion – 4 pieces (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 pieces (chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Procedure for preparing Kheema Aloo
Heat oil in a big vessel, add onion, cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, potatoes and sautÃ© it till onion colour changes.
Now add tomatoes, garam masala, salt, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and stir for 5 minutes. Now add kheema and water, mix it.
Cover the lid and cook in low flame till kheema and potatoes tender. Remove from heat.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with paratha, nan, or rice.