Kheer Puli Pitha is very delicious & easy to make. It was originated in Bengal & generally made in Bengali traditional occasion named Poush Parban.
Ingredients for preparing Kheer Puli Pitha:
- Rice flour – 500 gm
- Coconut – 1 piece (grated)
- Khoya kheer – 50 gm
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Milk – 1 litre
- Condensed milk – 100 gm
Procedure for preparing Kheer puli Pitha:
- Make a soft dough with rice flour, salt & hot water. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan & add coconut, 1 cup of sugar, khoya kheer.
- Stir well continuously until it becomes sticky. Keep aside.
- Boil milk with 1 cup of sugar until it thickens.
- Mix condensed milk & remove from heat. Keep aside.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Make a bowl with a dough ball & fill with the coconut mixture.
- Fold carefully.
- Add pithas into the milk mixture & boil for 10 minutes in low heat.
- It is ready to serve.