Dahi Vada is as popular in the North as in the West. In the North of India, it is served without the khajur imli ki chutney while in the western parts of India, this dish has the added sweet and sour flavours of Khajur Imli ki Chutney.
Ingredients for preparing Dahi Vada:
- Yogurt : 500 gm
- Cumin seed powder : 2 tsp
- Green chilli : 2 pieces (chopped)
- Red chilli powder : 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves : 1 bunch (chopped)
- Ginger : ½ tsp (grated)
- Urad dal : 1 cup
- Salt : to taste
- Oil : to fry
Procedure for preparing Dahi Vada:
- Wash & soak dal overnight.
- Make a paste of dal.
- Add salt.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Drop spoonful of dal mixture & fry till golden brown.
- Take water in a bowl & put the fried Vada into the water for 3 minutes.
- Take out from water & squeeze out the water & keep aside.
- Now beat yogurt adding a little water.
- Mix red chilli powder & cumin seed powder. Dahi is ready.
- Now plate the Vada & pour dahi over it & serve.