Bhapa Chingri or Steamed Prawn, combined with coconut & mustard paste along with green chilli paste, obviously ranks it as the prime attraction of the dinning table.
Ingredients for preparing Bhapa Chingri:
- Prawn (chingri) – 250 gm (small pieces, peeled, deveined & crushed)
- Mustard Paste – ½ cup
- Coconut – ½ cup (grated & paste)
- Green chilli paste – 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil – 6 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – ½ tsp
Procedure for preparing Bhapa Chingri:
- Mix prawns, mustard paste, green chilli paste, salt, sugar & mustard oil.
- Grease a covered container with oil. Pour the mixture into this.
- Steam for 30 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.