Gobi Aloo is a traditional North Indian dish & is prepared with the combination of Cauliflower, potato & Indian spices.
Ingredients for preparing Gobi Aloo:
- Gobi (cauliflower) – 1 piece
- Aloo (potato) – 2 pieces (diced)
- Bay leaves – 1 piece
- Whole cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomato puree – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup (chopped)
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 cup
- Green peas – ½ cup
Procedure for preparing Gobi Aloo:
- Separate the florets from gobi. Wash & drain.
- Boil 2 cups of water with 1 pinch of salt. Put the gobi into it & boil for 1 minute. Drain out the water.
- Pour oil in a pan. Deep fry the gobi. Keep aside.
- Add potato in the rest of oil. Deep fry & keep aside.
- Take oil in a pan. Add whole cumin seeds, bay leaves. Fry till brown.
- Add fried potatoes, green peas, turmeric powder, red chilli powder. Stir well.
- Add salt, tomato puree, sugar & ginger paste. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water. Cover.
- Bring it to boil & cook till the potatoes become tender.
- Uncover. Add fried gobi. Stir well.
- Add ghee & garam masala powder. Sprinkle coriander leaves.
- Remove from fire. Serve with paratha or luchi.