Topa-Kuler Chutney is a Bengali traditional chutney. It is especially made on the day of Saraswati Puja & served with Khichdi.
Ingredients for preparing Topa-Kuler Chutney
- Topa kul/Jujube fruit – 100 gm (discard its stem)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Dry red chilli – 2 pieces
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Panch Phoron (5 spices) – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 100 gm
Procedure for preparing Topa-Kuler Chutney
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add red dry chilli & ½ tsp of panch phoron. Stir in low flame for a minute.
- Add topa kul, salt, turmeric powder & stir for 2 minutes.
- Add Stir & add ½ cup of water.
- Cover & cook for 2 minutes.
- Uncover. Add sugar & boil till a thick consistency.
- Roast & powder the remaining panch phoron. Add this to the chutney & remove from heat.
- Let it be cool & Serve.