Date Cake is a very simple & nutritious Dish. It has the healthy combination of flour, milk & dates.
Ingredients for preparing Date Cake:
- Dates : 225 gm (chopped)
- Milk : 150 ml
- Castor sugar : 175 gm
- Butter : 225 gm
- Egg : 4 pieces (beaten)
- Flour : 275 gm
- Sodium bi carbonate : 1 tsp
- Baking powder : 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence : 4 drops
Procedure for preparing Date Cake:
- Put the dates, milk & sugar into a saucepan & bring to the boil.
- Cook gently stirring occationally until the dates are soft.
- Add the butter & stir until melted. Then allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Mix flour, eggs, sodium bi carbonate & baking powder.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Beat the mixture into a soft dropping consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degree temperature for 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool & serve.