Chicken Irani is a rich & flavoured dish with gravy prepared from fresh cream and exotic spices like zaffran etc. Enjoy this with hot rotis.
Ingredients for Murgh Irani Recipe
- Chicken – 500 gms
- Ghee – 2-3 tbsp
- Onion – 1 (sliced)
- Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
- Ginger – 1 tbsp(minced)
- Garlic – 1 tbsp(minced)
- Almonds – 8-10 (soaked in water for 1-2 hrs and then peeled and chopped)
- Fresh cream – 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – juice of 1 lemon
- Kewra water – a few drops
- Saffron/Kesar strands – a pinch
Procedure for preparing Murgh Irani Recipe
Prick chicken with a fork.
Heat ghee in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown.
Add the remaining ingredients along with the chicken pieces and mix well and fry for another 2 minutes. Cover with a lid and cook the chicken on low flame till tender.(Do not add water).
When the chicken is done , check seasoning and remove from fire. Serve hot with rotis or rice.