Cherry Cake is wonderful when served warm from the oven with or without a dollop of whipped cream or custard.
Ingredients for preparing Cherry Cake:
- Butter : 175 gm
- Plain flour : 225 gm
- Castor Sugar : 150 gm
- Egg : 3 pieces
- Baking powder : 1 tsp
- Cherry : 100 gm
- Lemon essence : 3 drops
Procedure for preparing Cherry Cake:
- Wash & dry the Cherries.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Cream the butter & sugar in a blender till the mixture is fluffy & light.
- Sift the flour & baking powder & add with the butter mixture.
- Beat egg in a bowl & mix with the mixture.
- Add cherry & essence.
- Grease a cake tin.
- Pour the mixture in the tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree temperature for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.