Peas kachodi is an absolutely delicious & one of the best known Bengali recipe. It is prepared with the combination of flour & green peas.
Ingredients for preparing Peas Kachodi:
- Green peas : 500 gm
- Flour : 500 gm
- Salt : to taste
- Green chilli : 5 pieces
- Cumin seed powder : 2 tsp
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Black cumin seed : 1 tsp
- Ginger paste : 1 tbsp
- Oil : for deep fry
Procedure for preparing Peas Kachodi:
- Make a soft dough with flour, salt, 1 tbsp of oil & hot water.
- Make small balls out of the dough & keep aside.
- Grind green peas & green chilli.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add black cumin seeds, green peas paste & stir continuously.
- Add salt, sugar, ginger paste & cumin powder & cook until oil releases.
- Fill the small dough balls with peas filling & roll out them in round shape.
- Deep fry in oil.
- Serve hot.