Plain Paratha (pan fried Indian flat-bread) is very crispy & flaky. It goes well with any kind of curry.
Ingredients for preparing Plain Paratha:
- Flour : 500 gm
- Refined oil : 1 cup
- Salt : to taste
- Sugar : ½ tsp
- Hot water : as required
- Black cumin seeds : 1 tsp (optional)
Procedure for preparing Plain Paratha:
- Sift flour in a bowl.
- Add1 tsp of salt, sugar, black cumin seeds, 1 tbsp of oil.
- Mix well using hand. Pour hot water bit by bit & make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a lid for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5 or 6 balls.
- Take a rolling pin. Roll out a ball using oil into circle.
- Brush oil on the circle & fold it to a semi-circle. Then again brush oil & fold it to half.
- Now again brush up oil & roll out this paratha keeping the same triangle shape.
- Like this make all the balls to triangle shaped parathas.
- Heat a non-stick pan & shallow fry the parathas one by one till golden brown using 1 tbsp of oil for each.
- Serve hot with any curry.