Egg Kasha originates from Eastern India, and is very popular in the eastern states, mainly West Bengal. It does not require much effort to prepare, and makes a quick side dish, tastes best when served with roti.
Ingredients for preparing Egg Kasha:
- Egg – 5 pieces (boiled)
- Onion Paste – 2 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato puree – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – as required
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves: 3 tbsp (chopped)
Procedure for preparing Egg Kasha:
- Heat oil in a pan & deep fry the boiled eggs till golden brown.
- Again heat oil in another pan.
- Add onion, garlic & stir.
- Add sugar, salt, garlic, tomato puree, red chilli powder, turmeric powder & stir continuously.
- Add ½ cup of water & make a thick gravy.
- Add boiled fried eggs & cook for 2 minutes.
- Before removing from heat add garam masala powder & coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.