Chicken Curry is a very common dish in India. Its main ingredients are chicken & curry. Curry is made from onion, ginger, garlic & tomato puree mainly.
Ingredients for preparing Chicken Curry:
- Chicken : 1 kg (medium sizes)
- Potato : 4 pieces (cut into square big pieces)
- Onion : 500 gm (chopped)
- Garlic paste : 2 tbsp
- Ginger paste : 1 tbsp
- Tomato puree : 2 tbsp
- Sugar : ½ tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Red chilli powder : 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1 ½ tsp
- Oil : 200 gm
- Roasted cumin powder : 1 tsp
- Roasted cinnamon powder: ¼ tsp
- Roasted clove powder : ¼ tsp
- Roasted cardamom powder : ¼ tsp
- Hot water : 4 cups
Procedure for preparing Chicken Curry:
- Rub the potatoes with ½ tsp of salt & ½ tsp of turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add marinated potatoes & fry till golden brown & keep aside.
- Add garlic paste, onion to the rest of the oil. Stir till it becomes golden.
- Then add sugar, chicken pieces, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger paste & stir for 30 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, salt & fried potatoes. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour water. Cover & cook till the chicken becomes tender.
- Uncover. Spread jeera powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, clove powder & stir well.
- Remove from heat & serve hot.