Dim-Sum, popularly known as momo, was originated in Southern China. Now it is a staple of Chinese dining culture & also famous throughout the whole world.
Ingredients for preparing Chinese Dim-Sum:
- Flour : 250 gm
- Baking powder : ½ tsp
- Egg : 1 piece (beaten)
- Salt : to taste
- Minced meat : 200 gm (boiled)
- Onion : ½ cup (chopped)
- Garlic : 1 tsp (chopped)
- Green chilli : 2 pieces (chopped)
- Ginger : 1 tsp (chopped)
- Spring onion : 30 gm (chopped)
- Oil : 2 tsp
Procedure for preparing Chinese Dim-Sum:
- Make a soft dough with flour, baking powder, egg, salt & water.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth & keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan & add onion, garlic, ginger & sautÃ© for 1 minute.
- Add meat, green chilli, spring onion & sautÃ© for more 15 minutes.
- The filling is ready.
- Now divide the dough into small round balls.
- Roll out each ball as thin as possible.
- Cut square sheets out of that thin sheet.
- Put some filling into it & give the sheet a bag shape.
- Put these into steamer & steam for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with chilli sauce or tomato sauce.