Aloo Paratha is a popular breakfast recipe. It is a fantastic dish for children.
Ingredients for preparing Aloo Paratha:
- Flour – 500 gm
- Potato (aloo) – 250 gm (boiled)
- Onion – 1 piece (finely chopped)
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 5 pieces
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Refined oil – as required
- Hot water – as required
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup (chopped)
Procedure for preparing Aloo Paratha:
- Sift flour in a bowl.
- Add1 tsp of salt,1 tbsp of oil.
- Mix well using hand. Pour hot water bit by bit & make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a lid for 30 minutes.
- Peel off & smash the boiled potatoes.
- Mix salt, sugar, green chillies, coriander leaves with the boiled potatoes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Add onion, garlic paste & stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the potato mixture. Stir continuously till oil releases.
- Remove from the heat & keep aside.
- Now divide the dough into 5 or 6 balls.
- Make bowls out of the balls & fill them with the potato keema.
- Roll out each balls into circles.
- Heat a pan. Shallow fry the parathas one by one till golden brown using 1 tbsp of oil for each.
- Serve hot with curd or chutney.