Chicken Kasha is an authentic Bengali recipe. This delicious & mouth-watering dish is so simple & easy to cook.
Ingredients for preparing Chicken Kasha Recipe
- Chicken – 500 gm
- Onion – 2 pieces (paste)
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomato puree – ½ cup
- Roasted cumin seed – 1 tsp (powdered)
- Roasted cardamom – 1 tsp (powdered)
- Roasted cinnamon – 1 tsp (powdered)
- Roasted clove – 1 tsp (powdered)
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch (chopped)
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – as required
- Curd – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Nutmeg powder – 1 tsp
- Mace powder – 1 tsp
Procedure for preparing Chicken Kasha
- Marinate chicken with curd for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic, onion. Stir till golden brown.
- Add sugar. Then add marinated chicken pieces. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder & salt. Stir well.
- When oil releases, add tomato puree. Stir well.
- Add ½ cup of water. Mix it well. Cook until chicken becomes tender.
- Add cumin powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder, cardamom powder, mace powder, nutmeg powder.
- Add coriander leaves & remove from heat & serve.